Home  |   Reunited  |   The Court  |   Sealed Records Law  |   For My Mother  |   Mayflower Ancestry  |   Contact Laurie

Here is where you can prepare and send a message for me.

I'm not a professional searcher, but...

I always look forward to hearing from others. However, I should note that, while I have experience searching and have had success with my own and other peoples' searches, I am not a professional searcher. But, if you'd simply like some advice or ideas for your search, I will be glad to provide what I can.

My original birth certificate remains sealed from me. I don't have a copy of it, but...

I can give you information on the OBC access laws for all states, since the laws vary greatly from state to state. If you live in a state that requires a court petition to gain OBC access and you are planning to petition the court, you may do so with or without the aid of an attorney. As a person adopted in California, I am subject to California's strict laws regarding OBC access. Despite having petitioned the court for access following my reunion, I was denied access to my OBC by the Superior Court. I still do not have a copy of my own OBC. The court determined that I did not show "good cause" for granting the petition.

*    *    *    *    *

First Name


Email (if you'd like a reply*)



Complete the question:


*I'm not in the habit of collecting email addresses, nor do I wish to be. If you'd like a reply, please enter your email address (but not a phone number.) In the past, I've received questions from people who did not include an email address. Although they did ask for replies, they did not enter their email addresses. Therefore, I could not reply to them.

free web page hit counter